Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

SHARKS PROFILE: DEE

Smiley Dee in action on the futsal court

Dee is front row, furthest left




SHE is the busiest bee in the Sharks team.
Dilara Begum (aka Dee) has played as a forward and scored lots of goals, she has played in midfield and won hundreds of tackles and played in defence and been solid as a rock.
Dee is a fantastic 100% player to have on the team for her determination and enthusiasm and she makes everyone laugh too!
Here is what makes her tick....

FULL NAME: Dilara Begum
NICKNAME: Dee-Namite; Wonder Woman
LIVES: Birmingham
DATE OF BIRTH: 12/08/1985
FAVOURITE FOOTBALL TEAM: Don't really support a team I just prefer to watch any match that's good. But if I had to pick one team it would have to be the GWS
BEST POSITION: Right back - love taking opponent's ankles out if they get too close to my area. BEST GOAL SCORED: 10 yards right of the goal area I aimed to curl a shot into the far left corner but a save and rebound off the keeper then meant that I had to run and header it in.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU PLAYED FOOTBALL/FUTSAL FOR: I've played football throughout various points in my life. In school and college I played as striker but gave football a rest after having my daughter. Just over a year ago I started playing football at a local centre for fitness where I met Salma and Aisha who then for some mad reason thought they saw potential and asked me to join the GWS and I've never looked back.
FAVOURITE FOOTBALLER: Has to be the one the only Messi. He's so tiny yet he has the strength, agility and skill like none other, hence why my GWS t-shirt reads Messi Dee!
FAVOURITE OTHER SPORTS: Basketball! An absolutely amazing technical sport.
OTHER HOBBIES/PASTIMES: Movies. You can't beat a good movie and a bowl of popcorn. TEAM YOU LIKE PLAYING AGAINST THE MOST: Definitely Under Estimated, our arch nemesis.
TEAM YOU LIKE PLAYING THE LEAST: None really apart from maybe new teams that for the first few matches against them struggle because they're not quite used to the intensity of a the five-a-side game.
BEST GAME EVER SEEN: I couldn't say really I have goldfish memory, sorry what did you just ask me?
WHO WILL WIN THE BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE: You tell me lolz
WHO WILL WIN THE NEXT WORLD CUP: An ambitious answer but would love England to win
FAVOURITE SONG: Marvin Gaye's 'Let's Get It On' is my all-time favourite and I scream every time it comes on the radio.
FAVOURITE BAND/SINGER: Michael Buble!!!
FAVOURITE TV SHOW: Eastenders obviously, I'm British through and through.
FAVOURITE ACTOR/ACTRESS: I've got two so I cant separate them - Al Pacino and Robert De Niro. If I was born into a famous family one of them would be my dad lolz.
FAVOURITE CARTOON: The classic Inspector Clouseau and I still watch it on YouTube.
FAVOURITE COLOUR: All colours; I don't discriminate lolz.
FAVOURITE FOOD: Mmm Subway veggie delite with extra jalapeno
FAVOURITE DRINK: Rubicon Lycee.
BEST PLACE VISITED: I haven't visited many places as I've only just received a passport but I love visiting Newport in South Wales with all its countryside and hills.
PERSONAL AMBITIONS: Like Salma I would love to be well known for my sporting contributions, but for now I'm happy to just improve as a player. I would also love to pursue my dream career as a midwife.
AMBITIONS FOR THE SHARKS: Win! Win! Win! 1st position every league. I don't, however, think that that's an ambition but more as 'a matter of time' .

No comments:

Post a Comment