Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 15, 2012

GOOD PRESS COVERAGE, BUT......

IT was good to see a report and picture on the weekend futsal marathon in this week's Birmingham Mail, but disappointing to see the newspaper printed wrong basic information.
I clearly stated in the report I sent them that the Blues team won 167-100 and that Gemma Smith was captain of the Blues and Salma Bi the Reds. What appeared was totally different and as a result I wrote to the paper today to complain.
Mistakes like this come back on me as the publicity officer for Salma. It is hurtful to one's professional pride to see this type of inaccuracy when it is not my fault.
This is what I wrote to the newspaper...
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for publishing the report and picture from the futsal marathon in the Birmingham Mail.
I was disappointed, however, that wrong information was published.
I clearly stated in my press release that the Blues won 167-100, yet it was published that the Reds won.
I also clearly stated that Salma Bi captained the Reds and Gemma Smith captained the Blues - not the other way around as was published.
Basic errors like this leave me open to ridicule as the writer of the original article and while this ridicule is good-natured and not taken in bad spirit by myself, it still leaves me with a feeling of disappointment.
I am not one to complain generally and understand as well as anyone that mistakes can happen in our business, but I do feel on this occasion I am right to say something.
Best wishes and thanks for your co-operation
Dave Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment